Monday, December 14, 2009

Nike Half Marathon!

In October, I had the opportunity to run in the San Francisco Nike Half Marathon! It is a highly desired race. They accept 20,000 runners. This year they had 50,000 applicants! I ran it with two of my best friends, Michelle and Paula! The course is absolutely beautiful. How many races have Union Square, the Trans America Tower, Fisherman's Wharf, Koit Tower, Ghiradelli Square, The Golden Gate Bridge, The Presidio, The Marina, The Pacific Ocean, Golden Gate Park and the Beach on the course? Not to mention that at the finish line you are met by members of the San Francisco Fire Department holding silver platters with little blue boxes on them...that's right, Tiffany Pendants! To top it all off, my wonderful family was there to cheer me on and meet me at the finish line! Needless to say, it was AMAZING! I am really hoping to get to do it again next year! Kate and Alyssa are planning on joining me...I can't wait!!

Yup...I'm Famous! They put the names of each runner on the wall at Nike Town in San Francisco!

Doesn't everyone jump on the bed when they check into their hotel room?

Michelle and me at the top of the Macy's building.

The Nike Women's Marathon sign on the top of Nike Town!

Paula, Me and Michelle at the starting line! It was an absolutely gorgeous day!

Paula and me in front of the famous Cliffhouse restaurant! It is right on the beach...so beautiful!

At mile 11 my amazing family was there to cheer me on! It was such a boost to see them!

Me and Paula with our coveted Tiffany necklaces...darling!!

The best family in the world there to greet me at the finish line! I couldn't ask for a more supportive family!

Me, Paula and Michelle at the finish line! It had started to get a little cold a this point, but I was so happy to be done! I am so blessed to have such awesome friends!! I LOVED it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment