Sunday, February 15, 2009

Winter Wonderland

We went to South Lake Tahoe for our annual ski vacation. The girls weren't able to miss a whole week of school, so John and I went up for a few days on our own. We had a wonderful time. The first day the weather wasn't too good but we still spent a few hours on the slopes. I was really happy that I remembered how to ski. In fact, we were able to go on all "blue" runs together. Very fun! The next few days were amazing! It was absolutely beautiful!


It was so cold and snowy on the first day that I had snow and ice in my hair and I even had snowflakes on my eyelashes!

During the week we drove back down to the Bay Area to pick up the girls for a few days of skiing with them. We really had a wonderful time together. Abby and Alyssa went to ski/snowboard school the first day. Alyssa was unable to go with us the next day because she had worn snowboarding boots that were 2 sizes too small, so by the end of the first day she was a little...crippled. She is a brunette...but the roots?...well you can decide for yourself. On the last day of our trip we were all able to go together and it was really a lot of fun. The girls are getting better every time we go and Kate can almost keep up with John. I just stick with Abby and Alyssa...that is just fine with me!!


1 comment: